Open Position for Religious Education Coordinator
St. Gall/St. Simon is looking for a Coordinator of the lifelong formation. A Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Pastor with overall lifelong formation efforts to ensure everyone in the parish encounters Jesus Christ and deepens their commitment to Him and His Church. The Coordinator must demonstrate strong leadership skills necessary to identify, develop, and retain strong teams including volunteer leaders critical to the success of parish ministry.
Essential Job Functions
- Implement lifelong faith formation initiatives that allow parishioners to encounter Jesus Christ and encourage them to grow spiritually and intellectually as disciples.
- Develop faith formation initiatives for people of all ages in the community including children, youth, adults, and families.
- Seek new methods and implement ways to regularly engage parents and families in faith formation (including hospitality, prayer, learning and service opportunities).
- Identify, form, and support spiritual growth of catechists and volunteers.
- Support catechists and volunteers in lesson plan development to ensure programs achieve overall goals, objectives and vision for strong lifelong formation in parish.
- Previous experience participating in a parish faith formation program.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with clergy, staff, parish leaders and volunteers.
- Understanding of Lifelong Formation and its key methodologies, components, and strategies; comfortable with various methodologies and pedagogies in developing disciples.
- Comprehensive vision and understanding of evangelization.
- Ability to form and nurture a community of missionary disciples through encounter, accompaniment and sending forth.
- Fluent in related Church documents, especially national and local.
Preferred Job Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree Theology, Pastoral Studies, Faith Formation or equivalent.
- Certification as a Catechist.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English)
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative, faithful, joyful witness, persistent, available, fair and balanced, and dependable.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects, flexible, sound judgment, and comfortable with change.
- Available to work evening and weekends when necessary.
Please submit all resumes to: email@example.com