Employment Opportunities at St. Gall | St. Simon
Join our Team
- Coordinator of Youth Ministry
St. Gall | St. Simon is looking for a coordinator of Youth Ministry. The coordinator of Youth Ministry is
responsible for coordinating youth ministry that provides young people opportunities to encounter Jesus Christ, build community, and to experience discipleship. The coordinator facilitates the outgoing
development of personal and communal relationship between the young people, the faith community and God. This role will include overseeing and coordinating the preparation for the sacraments of First
Communion and Confirmation.
- Accompany the young people in the parish throughout their development as whole persons through a
process of formation that integrates all the dimensions of life and faith.
- Facilitate the development of community among youth, their families, and within the Church and society through the development of small faith communities of youth from different cultures, spiritualists, or pastoral models.
- Utilize the aims, principles, processes, and methods of catechesis with youth in implementing faith
formation appropriate to their particular spiritual growth stage.
- Coordinate Faith formation program for Junior High and High School students , including selection of materials, recruitment, and training of group leaders.
- Work with CRE to coordinate and schedule retreats and rehearsals.
- Reports to and works closely with CRE to continue the process of evangelization and formation for high school students.
- Develop relationships with parish staff and ministry leaders to advocate for greater participation of youth in the life of the parish and ensure their inclusion in parish ministries.
- Ensure the ministry complies with the guidelines for Protecting God’s Children for those who minister with and to children in accordance with the Archdiocese of Chicago policies.
- Previous experience leading comprehensive youth ministry in a parish.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pastoral Studies, Faith Formation or equivalent
- Spanish fluency preferred, not required
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and creative
- Ability to work weekends and some evenings.
Please submit all resumes to: [email protected]